Wednesday, December 26, 2007

xmas 07




































It is hard to believe Christmas has come and gone already. It always seems to creep up on us and then disappear in the blink of an eye! We had a superb Christmas this year. We spent Xmas Eve with my parents and Erich and Tonya. I am happy to report that we did not have a table catastrophe this time around. I was nervous taking a picture of the table before we ate because of what happened on Thanksgiving! If you have not read my blog before, refer to Thanksgiving massacre! We were spoiled by both of our meals on the eve and Xmas day. My mom made Halibut with a buerre blanc sauce, fresh steamed asparagus, and lemon rice. Jeorge decided to do Xmas dinner this year at our Restaurant and we had a FEAST!!My dad thought we hired servers because he saw my sister in law Tammy in her Xmas apron. I have included a pic of my sister in law's in their Xmas aprons. Jeorge mastered his craft as usual, and to our stomach's delight served us Crab stuffed shrimp, clam chowder, garlic mashed potatoes, cole slaw, salad, gourmet mac n cheese with cheddar, Gruyere, Swiss, and feta with baked breadcrumbs, and the main attraction standing Rib roast with Au jus and for extra love horseradish cream sauce! Thank you jeorge!!! After all of that food I was not able to fathom eating dessert but there was a spread waiting for us at my brother and sister in law's house. We had a gourmet chocolate cake, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, brownies, cookies and anything else you can think of. I was a good girl and only had a very small brownie:) We all had a blast opening presents! We all gathered in the living room and a person was assigned to pass out all the gifts, and then it was a free for all. All you could hear was the wrapping paper crackling, thank you and I love yous and laughter. It is always a fun time and the kids love all the excitement! Thank you for your hospitality Sammy and Jeff!!


On a side note, I am looking forward to this weekend! My team The Beer Goggles has made the Superbowl in Fantasy Football. I could make history in our league if I win. It will be the first time anyone has won twice! Please wish me luck! Have a wonderful New Year!!!

No comments: