Monday, February 18, 2008

Our Weekend






Our weekend was filled with bad weather!!! We had a massive amount of freezing rain, so the roads were a nightmare. Jeorge got pulled over in the alley of the bakery where we buy our bread because the officer thought he was drunk. He told him that he was slipping on all the sheets of ice and was trying to regain control of his driving!!! It finally warmed up and melted most of the ice but it refroze at night, so we had another day of dangerous roads!!






Jeorge had a blood sugar episode which scared me to death. He has type 2 diabetes and his sugar is usually in check. However, on Sat morning at 8 30 I got a call from one of our employees telling me to come get jeorge. They said his sugar had shot to 300 and that he was barely awake and needed me to come get him right away. I was panicked so I called my mom immediately( she is a nurse) for advice. She told me to give him some water and to have him rest for an hr and retest. In that hour it lowered to 120 and I was relieved!!! I had my mom get me a book so I could read more about it and get us on the right track with our diets. I have a lot to learn about the disease and the foods that are safe ,and the ones that should be eliminated.






Our weekeend ended on a great note. My brother and sister in law had a belated bday party for my father in law. It is always great to see the family and catch up. I wish we had more time to see everyone, but we all have hectic schedules. Jack loved seeing his older cousins 18 and 21 respectively, and his aunts and uncles!! He said the dogs were creeping him out and kept trying to chase them around the house. My sister in law Tammy made an awesome lemon cake and I made her take a pic of it!! Lemon cake is my favorite!!! My father in law got a ton of great gifts. My favorite was 2 tickets to the Pistons game this week from my brother in law Jeff, he has season tickets!! Jack's main highlight was blowing out the candles on the cake with his Papa!!!

No comments: