Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Latest


We had a fun day today. I went to my parents because I had a gift card from Old navy that I wanted to use.Jack, my mom, and I went to get a few things. It was really hectic there because they are having a HUGE sale. It is so funny to see summer clothes when you are freezing your ass off in 12 degree weather. I also noticed the new trend with teens , not wearing any kind of winter gear at all! I at least wore a coat when I was in my teens! Jack started to fuss while we were in line so I told my mom to meet us at Petco. It happened to be adopt-a-pet day there so we were treated to an array of dogs and cats. I am always saddened when I see these animals without loving homes. We adopted our dog from the humane society and wish we could adopt more. We unfortunately cannot because we don't have the space or the time to devote towards new pets.





The restaurant has been doing very well since our great review from Sylvia rector!! We are going to send her a Thank you card this week! It is incredible how much business has increased since her column. I stopped by the other day to get a carry out at 2 pm and the whole restaurant was jam packed so I decided to go to my parents for a bite. I did not want to bother Jeorge while he was busy!! I saw some old friends from Seaholm( Matt Pollard and Brian Pistor) that I had not seen in yrs. It was great to catch up and hear the latest on some other people.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went for breakfast after church this morning! YUM! It was packed and everyone was talking about how great the food was. I'm so glad that things are going so well! xoxo AJ

Anonymous said...

Funny story about the coats. Josh and Maureen went into Royal Oak for dinner on Sunday - he was only wearing his heavy sweatshirt with a hood and they were on fox news that night. They kept showing them on camera and finally the reporter said "and we found these two here without their warm gear on" - We laughed so hard - schooled on TV - they didn't know why they were filming but came home and knew they would be on. His coat and gloves were right at the front door - and John even said to him on his way out - you're not wearing a coat?! Tammy