Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday

My day started off bright and early today at 3am. James is battling a chest cold and was awoken by his cough. It officially ended our two week streak of him sleeping from 11-8am. I had forgotten how spoiled I had become until I heard his cries from the monitor at 3. While I was feeding him I got hooked on an informercial for a steam mop. It was so convincing that I actually programmed the number to order the product into my cell phone. I have actually ordered one other product from an informercial, The Chop Wizard, and it was a gem. I am still on the fence about this steam mop. Do other people get sucked into these? In other news, Jeorge had a great day at the restaurant. It was his first weekday that he hit over a 1000 in sales and he was thrilled. The weekends are another story, Sundays have become so popular that there is a wait for most of the day. We have an ad coming out in the metro times and the eccentric is planning a write up, so we are moving right along. Jeorge also took time to go to Jack's preschool to do snack time with the kids. He did breakfast banana splits with them, and set up a little bar so the kids could be involved in their snack for the day. Jack was really excited to say the least. Jeorge was laughing because jack's friend joseph turned to him and said "This better be good" and Jack's reply was "oh it will be".

5 comments:

Leigh said...

OH MY GOD KARA!! The steam mop infomercial is my FAVORITE one these days!! If you get it, let me know how great/awful it really is!!

Brooke said...

I get TOTALLY sucked into the infomercials. Don't be ashamed... The Ultimate Chopper was my best buy and the Magic Bullet my worst.

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched informercials lately, but I do get sucked in sometimes : ) I'm so glad to hear the restaurant is doing so well! We love it...I can't wait to go again next time I'm visiting my parents.
love aj

Anonymous said...

Not about the steam mop, but about your kids having a cold/cough....I recieved an e-mail awhile back that said "to ease your childs cough, rub a layer of Vicks Vapor Rub on the bottom of their feet and put socks on them and their cough will calm down within a matter of minutes and they will sleep like a baby." Being the sceptic that I am about e-mails that I recieve, I went to snopes.com and looked it up. Aparently there is a Canadian Research Group that discovered that this is true. I have a five year old daughter that will fight for her life not to take medicine and if I do get it in her nouth, she will spit it all over the place, so we never know how much she has actually gotten. Well, I tried it. I will never fight her to take cough medicine again!! This is fabulous and IT WORKS!! Just thought that I would pass it along! I know that I am always looking for things that make my life easier, as well as my kids. Hope this helps! P.S. I can't tell you how many workout routines/diets are collecting dust in my basement because of infomercials! I am a sucker too!

Anonymous said...

Kara,
I cannot believe how much Jack looks like your Dad...he is a little Hardy! I am glad you are feeling better. AND that is great news about the restaurant taking off. I am so happy for you...sounds like you have a wonderful life.
Danielle