Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summer

Its hard to believe it is the middle of august!! James is going to be one which boggles my mind. I feel like he is aging too quickly. He is a mover and a shaker lately. He is almost walking and I feel like it could be any day!! He is definitely curious and somehow squeezes thru every blockade I have set up around the house. He is beginning to talk more and his vocab consists of baby ( his favorite word) , dada, papa, and the occaisional mama. He has attempted to say Jack ( JAJA) too. He definitely resembles his daddy and has a reddish hue to his hair.

Jack has had a productive summer too. He has been working on his biking skills. We got him a new bike earlier in the summer. At first he was all over the bike 24/7, but after falling a few times he developed a major fear. We worked on it for weeks and finally got him back to his bike. He is doing very well and loves to go out for rides. Jack also has been quite busy in the swimming dept. He has been to Forest Hills this summer with my parents. He is in the big pool now which was a huge relief to my dad. I think he was tiring of hanging with jack in the baby pool. I think his lessons all summer at Goldfish have truly paid off. He is gaining sao much confidence in himself and has been interested in Phelps at the Olympics. He says he wants to continue swimming in the winter and he also wants to do indoor soccer again. Kindergarten is right around the corner and Jack cant wait to start!!

As for me, I am disappointed in myself. I had wanted to start swimming and train for an open water race. I am sad to say I only went a few times and then slacked. I am writing this to motivate myself to start and stick with the program. I am done making excuses for myself and need to get going. I am down because I need to lose weight. I am lacking so much energy and know if I got the lbs off I would have more. I know for sure that I would have my esteem and confidence back.

Thats it for now. Love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it Kara! Just take it one day at a time. If you believe it, it can happen. Love you,
Danielle